Monday, February 26, 2007

don't worry we got the skis to match the boots. Now we're cross country skiing superstars. Look, here's Chris in all his cross country skiing glory.


I've gone twice already since we've gotten our skis and I'm tempted to go again tomorrow. I had a student ask me the other day why one would want to Nordic ski. To be honest, when I was his age, I hated cross country skiing. In fact, in gym class, I got a very poor grade in the cross country skiing unit because I took off my skis and walked on our field trip to the Sand Hills.

Now somehow its all different. I enjoy the rhythm of the Nordic skiing. I enjoy the quiet of the forest and getting outside and the snow. I must be getting old. (but not old enough to look old enough. I got IDed the other day at a pub)


Speaking of beer, my favourite is Waterloo Dark, seen here:

oh wait, that's Chris with Betty inside a waterloo dark case. My mistake.

5 comments:

Mama Bear said...

ah yes, feeling old. Here's a conversation i had with a girl i go to school with:

me: (singing "girls just wanna have fun)
shila: what are you singing?
me: cindy lauper
shila: who??
me: cindy lauper. you know cindy lauper.
shila: never heard of her
me: (feeling very old)

Mama Bear said...

also...i like your cat. he's grey, fuzzy and very cute. is he for sale?

Katherine said...

sorry, Betty is not for sale. She was my consolation prize for moving across the country away from all my friends and family. She is a very snuggly cat and I like her a lot.

Mitz said...

Chris is kinda fuzzy and cute... can I have him?!

Pamela said...

Hi Katherine,

It's me - Pamela. Just here checking out your blog. Nice to see all your newsy-news and your cheery smiling face.

If you want to check out my blog, go to:

http://bear-print-grammar-blog.blogspot.com

I've just started it. Post a question or a comment, and I'll respond. I'll give you a bonus mark (that's what I tell my students!)

Hope all is well with you and yours!!

Pamela