Thankfully when winter comes in Ottawa (we were wondering if we were ever going to get winter in the beginning of January) its here to stay and the residents of Ottawa don't let the cold keep them indoors.
I volunteered to join the winter camping trip that the outdoor ed kids went on last week. It was great. We went out on Thursday morning, built quinsees, cross country skied, snowshoed, practiced our orienteering skills and played in the snow.
Maggie (the other female teacher) and I built a quinsee with snowshoes because we didn't bring any shovels. We thought that we'd be able to borrow some from the students but they were all using theirs. When it came time to dig it out we used our hands, so we literally built it with our own bare hands!
Some highlights...
After going cross country skiing twice in the past few weeks, Chris and I decided to head out yesterday just to scope out what it would cost to set ourselves up with some skis. At all the stores we said that we'd just look and didn't try anything on. All except the last store... we came home with these.
2 comments:
Hey Katherine - you are a much braver girl than I am - that's why I'll stay in Lethbridge!:-) Take care and say "hi" to Chris for us.
Lisa
i enjoy/appreciate the unexpected purchases when going out to "just see" what's out there. They are almost the best type of shopping.
heehee
glad to hear that you guys are really getting out there and enjoying the winter. i love snow!
Post a Comment