We started off our trip thinking that we were going to document an amazing photo-journalistic look at the big things that one could encounter when taking a trip across our fine country. Turns out there are a lot more big things in the prairies than anywhere else. I guess that's because there's not much to look at besides the flat land. As an aside, I find the prairies one of the most beautiful landscapes in our country.
So as a tribute to my prairie homeland, here are the big things we found on our trip.
Ah, Taber corn. We haven't tried the Ontario corn yet, but their peaches are amazing.
Who ever thought a teepee this big was a good idea? Remember when one of the tops fell off. That's a disaster just waiting to happen.
Bow Island's pinto bean. What a friendly fellow.
Okay, this is not a big thing but it is a picture I took so I could prove it. Millar Western is where my dad worked for years as a millwright and here's their wood somewhere in between Thunder Bay and Sault St. Marie. Amazing!
Friendly Manitoba.
You may be surprised at the lack of big things we found in Saskatchewan. I thought they would be everywhere. I think if we were driving along smaller highways we'd see more. I know they're out there.
2 comments:
check out www.bigthings.ca - all of Canada's biggest monuments.
-Arie
Funny that you would mention that website. I actually checked it before we left. I was going to coordinate a route so we could see more big things. But like always, my procrastination got the better of me and I didn't follow through.
Post a Comment