Tuesday, June 01, 2010

not long now. and some recent happenings.

our friends threw us a baby shower. The theme was favourite children's books, and so we got all these wonderful kid's books to read with our child. So awesome.




We also had a wonderful time attending Tim and Meg's wedding over the May long weekend. I was really happy when I didn't go into labour in Southern Ontario.


THey had a gathering at the local museum after the ceremony which had an old classroom. We ate ice cream, drank lemonade, and played the ball and cup game.


THe next day Chris and I visited Niagara Falls and went on a tour of Inniskillin, a local winery.




An interesting tidbit from the tour... they graft North American rootstock with European grape vine because the North American root is resistant to a virus, but they want the grapes from European varieties of grapevine. Grafting is amazing. You can see on this picture the bump at the bottom where they have grafted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'll have to go back to the winery so you can actually taste the wine next time! hahaha! Kirst