1. My parents were visiting
2. I was working a whole lot!!! Hooray.
Now that I have a day off I can tell you all the exciting things that are happening in my life. Perhaps I'll go through them in alphabetical order.
Curling: Chris and I joined up with some folks from our church and are now curlers extraordinaire on Sunday nights. I feel like I'm discovering a part of my Canadianess that I didn't know was there. I went curling when I was in high school but hadn't been since then. Let me tell you, it is fun. The best part is when you hear the familiar yell of "hurry hard!" echoing in the curling club. Actually, the real reason I wanted to curl is because I have a really wicked curling sweater. I was even complimented on it by the mother of a curling superstar when we were at the Ottawa Curling Club. The club is 150 years old and started on the Rideau Canal, which I think is amazing.

Remembering: We attended the Rememberance Day ceremony at the War Memorial in Ottawa. It was raining and very cold. We couldn't really see much either but it was exciting to be there all the same. This picture displays our view of the parade of veterans (it had stopped raining by this time, before this there were umbrellas as far as the eye could see).

Tour Guiding: When my parents were here we did a bit of tour guiding. A highlight was a storytelling concert. Chris and I were remarking a few months ago how storytelling is a lost art. Turns out it's not, it's just a bit more underground. There's a group here called the Ottawa Storytellers who put on a festival every year. They brought in a storyteller from Texas named Elizabeth Ellis. I was completely entranced while she was speaking.
Working: I've recently started supply teaching at a school called Sir Guy Carleton. It's great! I've been getting lots of work there. The staff and students are fantastic and are really welcoming. I was there three times this week.
That concludes my update.
Also as a side note, there was a discussion of starting a housewives blog of activities to keep oneself from going crazy. It's up and running now and I've put the link on the side. Its called ladies of leisure (marc's suggestion, thanks marc!). If any other housewives, or non-housewives for that matter, would like to join, just let me know.
No comments:
Post a Comment