Now you might think to yourself, Katherine loves garage sales, this is no secret. I've gone over to the other side now. Chris and I had our first garage sale today in an attempt to weed out all unnecessary items before the move out to Ontario. In preparation for this very first garage sale we had the most necessary item: the balloons to mark the signs.
I took 20 min the night before to blow all these balloons up and attach strings to them so when we went out at 7:00 the next morning they'd be all ready to go. Turns out they got tangled and we didn't even use them but here's a nice picture to go along with the story.

We had an excellent day and I can't describe how satisfying it was for all the unwanted things in our household to be taken away one at a time. The best part was when people gave us MONEY for our unwanted goods. It made me almost believe in the capitalist model, but only for a moment. Then I remembered that I'm a socialist at heart. It made me want to go into my house and price more items so that I could see them go to a new home. Here's another picture of the sale "in action"!
4 comments:
We have never had a garage sale but we really should because we have so much junk hanging around. Marc loves garage sales and can't resist a good bargain so I don't like it when he goes because he always comes home with crazy stuff! Kylie
Kylie, I highly recommend the garage sale for getting rid of junk that's hanging around. Its exhilirating to get rid of all the extras. I understand what you mean with the bargain hunters coming home with crazy stuff. We had quite a few of those at our sale and I couldn't believe what they bought! Jodi had put in all these gifts that she had received from her piano students. They went like hot cakes! Call us when you're in Lethbridge.
mmm... garage sales. Wouldn't it be cool to have access to an online garage sale? That way we could post our junk, and purchase junk, while sitting at home! No, it wouldn't be like eBay, but a cheaper, junkier version, focused on reuse, reduce, recycle. Each town would have a chapter, wouldn't it be great?!? By the way, I'm looking for a deep-fryer, a garden hose, and some old barnwood.
You're in luck Fraser! We have an old garden hose leftover from our garage sale. Unfortunately the deep fryer and barnwood got scooped up pretty quick. You have to get up early in the morning to find deals like that.
Post a Comment